Art is an integral aspect of Davis, and lots of art supplies are expensive. By encouraging the community to share resources we can nurture our fundamental need for art and make supplies even more accessible. You don’t always need the best tools to be an artist but you do need to feel supported and cared for every once in a while.
The Free Art Pantry is a mutual aid project that will be open regularly to anyone who wants to access or donate gently used and new art supplies at no cost. The pantry is open every 2nd & 4th Sunday of the month from 10:30 am – 12:00 pm.
To donate please email email@example.com to schedule a time to drop them off. We can only accept donations during specific days and times. Please note that we may not accept all donations.
The types of items accepted for donation include:
- acrylic paint, watercolor paint, oil paint, brushes, charcoal, pastels, ink, markers , paper, sketch books (various media), crayons, colored pencils, pens, markers, adhesives, glue guns, permanent glue, tape, washi tape, tools, clay, glaze, stencils, canvas of various sizes, easels, art books, aprons.
- Painting tools:
- palette knife, paint roller, fixative, gouache, palettes.
- Cardstock, origami paper , rolls of paper, watercolor paper, construction paper, new or gently used coloring books, tissue paper
- Photographic film , working cameras.
- Fabric & Textiles:
- Fabric, studs, rivets, grommets, patterns, yarn, felt, ribbon, buttons, snaps, zippers, velcro, leather, wool, thread, knitting needles, faux fur, crochet, dyes.
- glitter, beads, polymer clay, scrapbooking supplies,pipe cleaners, floral arrangement stuff, craft foam, stickers, shells, stamps, wax, resin, pliers, wire,
- postcards, photos, found objects, magazines, digital art tools, printmaking tools, screen printing tools
- Types of donations we are NOT accepting:
- Clothing, anything broken, really dirty items, dried up markers or glue, expired paint, glass (jars ok), computers, really small scraps, etc.